Friday, May 1, 2009

Road Trip!

I’m taking the blog on the road! Over the next month I have some exciting travels planned, and hopefully lots of good (and healthy) eats along the way.

First stop – 40 minutes east of Cleveland to my hometown, Chardon, Ohio. Ok, so this doesn’t really count as much of a trip, but go with me on this. This weekend is the Chardon Maple Festival! The trees have been tapped, the sap has been boiled, and there are carnies and muzzies to behold on Chardon Square. I highly recommend you make the trip and head to the sugar shack to get a maple stir. Check out the website for the full festival schedule - highlights include the karaoke, bath tub races, two parades, and Ham Ham Ham!

My next stop is Nashville, TN for a reunion weekend with some of our college roomies! Our hostess Blaze is taking us to the Steeplechase horserace which is always an amazing day of drinking in pretty dresses and big hats (and seeing an occasional horse run by). Anytime I am with the roomies there is always plenty of eating involved, so hopefully I will have a few recipes to share. One thing I know for sure, my stomach will hurt from laughing so much after a weekend with them!

The third weekend in May I am headed down to Parkersburg, WV for the interment of my grandmother’s ashes. She passed away in November and we have waited for the ground to thaw a bit so we can lay her to rest next to grandpa. It will be nice to see out of town family again and we are staying at the beautiful Blennerhassett Hotel. As grandpa would say, “Three cheers for West Virginia!”

The last stop in my travels is over Memorial Day weekend in Washington DC. My cousin Joelle had a baby girl named Audrey Meredith on March 19 and my other cousin Jason is graduating from the Corcoran College of Art and Design! We have much to celebrate in the DC area and only a few short days to do it.

P.S I forgot to mention in my last post that I have also really been enjoying the Kashi TLC bars that Giuliani recommended. Pumpkin Spice Flax is my favorite!

1 comment:

Joelle said...

I'm so glad to hear you're coming over Memorial Day!!! Look forward to seeing you and introducing you to Miss Audrey...