Thursday, May 28, 2009

Go go gadgets and the Gals go to Washington


Last week I started playing around with the Mac some more (see photo booth pics in previous post) and it is so much fun. I opened up iMovie and was inspired to buy a video camera. I did some quick googling and decided on the Flip. It is super cute, ultra-portable, and every review emphasized how easy it is to use. It was on sale at Micro Center, the salesman was nice, and pretty soon I was on my way home with a super fun new gadget. I took some short snippets of video connected it to the computer (it has a built in USB to charge and upload) and the videos were uploaded in about 1 min. I played around with iMovie and I had edited a video with music and titles in about 15 min. This thing is going to be so much fun!! It is hard to tell from this picture, but it is smaller than my cell phone.

I was a little overzealous with the taping this weekend, so stay tuned for a video on our trip to DC. The trip itself was a lot of fun. On Saturday, my cousin Jason graduated from Corcoran School of Art and Design. The graduation was downtown at the DAR Constitution Hall and to our pleasant surprise, Tim Gunn was the commencement speaker!! I love him. Afterwards, there was a reception and All Senior Exhibition at the Corcoran Art Gallery where we got to meet Tim and take pics! And of course check out all the art work by Corcoran's talented seniors.

Sisters with Tim

After dinner we went to the Old Ebbitt Grill for dinner. My aunt mentioned to the waiter that I wrote a food blog and I'm pretty sure he thought I was an actual food critic. I wish buddy.
On Sunday, we spent the afternoon at my cousin Joelle's to visit with her 3 1/2 year old son Kenny and her 2 month old daughter Audrey.

Kenny and Mom

Beautiful Family
(Audrey is crying cuz the crazy lady with the video camera is leaving)

My sisters and I did some sight seeing in the afternoon and then in the evening we had a birthday party for my Uncle Dave and saw some more of Jason's art. It was great to spend the weekend celebrating with family!

No comments: