Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Warning: the following is in no way cohesive.

Election election election. It is amazing the amount of stuff the guys over at CNN can find to talk about when only 11% of the Poll results from Indiana are in.

Frankly I am having some trouble writing. But I am in a hotel in Lexington, KY and don't have much else to do except watch the election (umm... no thanks.) Relax, I voted, by absentee a few weeks ago. And the results are the results, so why do I need to know the up to minute projected results of 11% of counties in Indiana?? I'll just wait for the morning - it will give me something other than a Pumpkin Spice Latte to get out of bed for.

I had some very sad family news this weekend, but I don't feel like writing about that yet. I will, just not tonight. I also found out that my mom hit a deer and CC's mom's house was broken into. I hope that is bad news coming in threes, cuz I can't hear much more.




I have been enjoying some fun restaurants and even a UK basketball game while here in Kentucky. I think my favorite part is the hotel, they have Chupa Chups in the lobby and across the street there is not only a Starbucks, but a Sonic! What can I say, I'm easy to please (that's what she said! zing!) Yesterday, my travel companion G-Bone, and I ate lunch outside at Ramsey's, a cute little diner with homemade blue cheese dressing and an extensive pie menu. Maybe I have been living under a rock, but I have never heard of a Black Bottomed Banana Cream Pie and I can't wait to make one! Today's lunch was at Wine on Vine. I had a chicken breast sandwich with melted brie and apricot preserves on a baguette, mmmm, well done.

Tonight we went to a Mexican place for dinner. I go to Mexican for two things: (1) chips and salsa and (2) strawberry frozen margaritas. Well apparently you cannot order alcohol before 7pm on Election Day in Kentucky. Is this really a law?? To prevent drunk voting??

P.S. I am watching 90210 and someone needs to force feed these girls a cracker.

No comments: