Monday, February 1, 2010

Mystic Weekend

On Saturday night, Rachael had the girlfriends over to celebrate her birthday.   In total Rachael style, the birthday party was also a Pure Romance party and she had a tarot card reader upstairs reading fortunes.  I was reluctant to participate at first, but a few glasses of wine and some gf coaxing and I was totally into it.  I don't put complete faith in fortunes or horoscopes, but there seems to be a nugget of truth in them.  Well, truth or selective hearing.  All in good fun though.  I am a total newbie to tarot, so forgive me if I get any of this wrong, but here is what I learned: 

There are 16 difference personality types and I found out that I am a Queen of Cups.  Most of the girls at the party were also Queen of Cups because they tend to gravitate to each other.  Here is a personality description from learntarot.com: 

Loving. Tenderhearted. Intuitive. Psychic. Spiritual.  The personality of the Queen of Cups combines the positive water energy of the Cups suit with the inward focus of a Queen. Because she has a sweet, loving and sensitive nature, the Queen of Cups has a kind word for everyone and never reacts with anger or impatience. There is a gentleness about her that soothes and calms. Compassion is her watchword. Her reactions to the world are guided by her feelings. In all matters, she lets her heart lead the way. She senses emotional currents and knows what others are experiencing without having to ask. She is never moody, but understands moods and their influence. She trusts her intuition and so is more open to knowledge that comes from within herself and beyond. She is often moved by the beauty and tragedy of life. The Queen of Cups feels deeply and has a reverence for all aspects of God's creation. Her love includes and embraces everyone and everything. 

I definitely consider myself a feeler as opposed to a thinker, but the part about not being moody is way off.  The reader also told me that Queens of Cups are old souls, social butterflies, have deja vu, and are best matched with a King of Wands.  She described the King of Wands as hard-working gentlemen, which Chris definitely is. 

She asked me to think of some questions for her.  I asked about my love life, my future career, and whether she saw me moving anywhere.  And in the cards she saw.... 

I am with the right man, but she does not see marriage in the near future.  If I move, it will not make me happy.  I got the higher education card, but it won't be for a few years.  I am well liked and respected at work and will be successful in what I do.  Money will not be an issue and the Wheel of Fortune card came up, so in four months I should consider gambling because I could win some money.  The Tower Card was reversed (I think) meaning that my worst fears won't be realized (not sure what those even are).  I should pray more because my prayers will be answered.  And the kicker card was the Empress.  Basically she told me that I need to be very careful if I don't want to have a baby and I may even be pregnant now.  It doesn't necessarily mean I will have a lot of children, but it does mean I am very fertile.  And to drive that home, the only other girl at the party who got that card already has 3 kids, gulp. 

1 comment:

mcm.hannah said...

HAHA! I did get the Emperess card too but it was in the third pile or something meaning it won't be for three years. Watch out, Molly!