Friday, April 3, 2009

Fish for Friday

As I read through my last post I realized I wasn't very specific on some things. To clarify, the movie Tyson is about Mike Tyson - not sure if you could infer that or not. And I wore a flower in my hair which is why we are into headgear for dance parties. I need to re-read before I post, sorry! Anyways...

My little monster friend had us girls over for dinner a long time ago and made a very delicious* coconut crusted tilapia. I made it once shortly after this dinner and it did not turn out anywhere near as good as hers, but tilapia was on sale last week so I took another shot at it. And hot dog! (that is for you G-Bone) it turned out awesome! So I made it again this week and it is still awesome and very quick and easy. All you have to do is marinate the tilapia filet in coconut milk, then dredge it in panko breadcrumbs with a bit of S&P and shredded coconut and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. The coconut comes out lightly toasted and the fish is flaky and delicious*. And it is so sweet you don't need dessert! (yea right)

A quick note on current commercials: Have you seen that Lincoln MKX commercial with that 80's song 'Major Tom' covered by Shiny Toy Guns? I want to download that song, please let me know if you find it. I also love that t-mobile commercial with the Little Miss Sunshine lookin girl who says, "she thinks your super delicious*" and that Visa commercial where everyone is singing "Super Freak".

Is anyone attending the Rock Hall Induction stuff in Cleveland this weekend? Do you think we will see Eminem out and about?

* I re-read my post and I used the word delicious 3 times - I need a thesaurus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi! i stumbled upon your blog from a search for the tmobile commercial...i love that commercial; its my fave @ the moment...anyways, i continued reading, cuz i love trying new recipes and will use the one for cheesecake for my daughter's 14th birthday cake (@ her request)...i've never been "into" blogging, but i like your commentary and sense of humor, so i will continue...