Saturday, January 3, 2009

In the spirit of resolutions

I am making my third attempt at infomercial shopping. A quick recap for those of you who have not been paying attention: (1) Bare Minerals – great success, using for three years and counting and (2) Meaningful Beauty – failure, I think I am allergic. Which leads us to numero tres: Power 90X. Now technically I didn’t watch an infomercial and get suckered into buying this. I heard of it through word of mouth and have given it a lot of thought and determined that this should be a good investment.

So here is why I have decided this is a good idea, and if you know me, this reasoning should sound familiar. And for those of you who don’t know me, in “real life” I am in public accounting. I am an auditor. Please don’t stop reading my blog. I swear I am one of the nice ones! I have had people hug me at the end of an audit! And for those of you who don’t know much about public accounting, I don’t know junk about taxes. I get very busy in January through March because this is when most companies issue their financial statements and that is what I audit. Man, are you still reading about this? Imagine doing this every day, boring I know. So don’t be asking me any tax questions, we cool?

I have a point, and I am getting to it. Ok, so the dreaded busy season is fast approaching. I already feel chunky and with the exception of last year, I tend to pack on some serious pounds during busy season. It is long days of sitting, late nights of ordering in food for dinner, and leaves little to no time for a personal life let alone work outs. But this year I have a plan. And I think writing about it in my oh-so-public blog will keep me accountable. The evenings are unpredictable, which leaves me with the morning for working out. I have never been able to get myself out of bed, out into the cold, and into a car to drive myself to the gym in the morning. I hold those who can do this in very high esteem. But really mornings are about my only option during busy season. So here it is my grand plan: work out in the morning in my apartment. Easier said than done, I know. But these Power 90x workout dvd’s have 12 different discs so it shouldn’t get monotonous and it guarantees I will be ripped in 90 days.

Ok here is the kicker: I took “before” pictures! I will never ever share these photos, unless I turn out to be totally ripped at the end. Maybe you will see it in 90 days! Ha!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Just want to let you know that both my father and husband have done p90X and had amazing results! I like to randomly do the workouts too - they really are the best at-home workouts I've done to date. Good luck!

mcm.hannah said...

Molls,
Matt somehow downloaded the program for free so I am sure he can send it to you somehow. Let's ask him before you order it!
H